*** Updated May 25, 2020 ***
Reopening / League Schedule Changes / Estimates:
We are currently relying state and local guidelines to determine when we are able to reopen. Nothing is certain at this point, but this is our best guess on when we'll be able to start play on each sport:
BAR & "LOW-TOUCH" SPORTS:
- CORNHOLE - June 3 / July 1. Play resumes for the current league on June 3 at O'Neill's. For the upcoming "spring" league, our best guess is July 1 or the week after, once Fusion Brewing is able to reopen.
- KICKBALL - July 8 / 9. Parks & Recreation is currently going by the governor's recommendation on "low touch" sports such as kickball to allow competitive play after June 28. In order to avoid starting right before the July 4 weekend, we're waiting until the following week.
- SOFTBALL - July 12. Shadybrook Park may not reopen this year. We're currently working with Parks & Rec to try to find fields for us to begin play on July 12. Because of this switch there remains significant uncertainty right now. We'll let you know once this is confirmed.
"HIGH-TOUCH" SPORTS & BOWLING:
No date has been yet established by the governor for reopening "high touch" sports. However, since they are allowing practice to begin June 28, we're assuming that competitive play will be allowed in the following weeks. This is our best guess as to how it will play out:
- BOWLING - July 9 / 16. Lots of uncertainty here, but this is after 50-person crowds are allowed, so we're hoping that MJ's will be able to open after this date. We're hoping to conclude the bowling league in progress on July 9 and start the new one on July 16.
- FLAG FOOTBALL - July 19.
- SOCCER - July 7. Note that Transylvania University has communicated that the originally scheduled field will no longer be open. We're working with Parks & Rec and other organizations to try to find an alternative on Tuesday nights.
- BASKETBALL - July 7 / 8.
All current and upcoming leagues and events are paused
DON’T WORRY, WE’LL ONLY PLAY IF IT IS SAFE. Some have expressed concern we might play while the health emergency is ongoing — rest assured, we won’t do that; we will only resume play once we can reasonably assure the health and safety of players and staff. Once we do reschedule play, we’ll allow anyone who wants to withdraw to do so, in exchange for league credit. So, if you’re still not comfortable with playing at that time, you can get a credit and play at a later date.
THIS IS DIFFICULT BUSINESS CHALLENGE FOR US. Like most small local businesses, Lexington Sports & Social Club has a limited ability to weather big setbacks like this. Canceling everyone’s registrations for an entire season at once could force us to shut down permanently. We’ve been here for ten years and want here be here for the next ten, so I ask for your patience and understanding on this temporary policy change.
LET’S BE READY PLAY, RIGHT AWAY! By keeping everyone registered and ready to go, we’ll be able to start playing as soon as we’re in the clear, without having to go through an additional 30-day+ registration period. At the end of this emergency, most of us are going to be eager to get outside and play, hang out with our friends, connect with new people, and have a beer afterward. We need everyone to sit tight and be ready to go as soon as we’re in the clear, rather than having to wait until June or July. But we’ll get through it!